The Fisherman and the Suit

There was once a fisherman who was fishing in a pond. Another man, in a suit, was passing him by, but stopped. He looked at the bucket of fish already caught by the fisherman and the wooden stick with a string at its end that he was using to catch the fish and decided the fisherman needed to be helped.

"Old man, why do you fish with a wooden stick?", said the suit.

"What else should I do?" asked the fisherman.

"Why, you should take a boat and a fishing net and go out into the middle of the pond to catch fish.", said the suit.

"But I don't have either a boat or a net."

"You can buy them."

"But, I don't have the money."

"Come, I'll lend you the money." offered the suit.

"But how can I row the boat and fish at the same time? I'll need help."

"I'll loan you the money to hire a few people."

"And then what?" asked the fisherman.

"You can catch a lot of fish!"

"And then what?"

"You sell it in the market and repay my loan"

"And then what?"

"You take another loan and buy more boats and fishing nets and hire more men."

"And then what?"

"You can make a lot of money!"

"And then what?"

"You can build a big house with a garden by the pond." said the suit.

"And then what?" asked the fisherman.

"You can sit in the garden and relax!" cried the suit.

"What do you think I'm doing now?" smiled the fisherman.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Short Story: Puppy Love

Short Story: 'The Psychopath'

The Principle of Minimum Regret